Odoo ERP (formerly known as OpenERP) is a free, open-source, modular, app-based, comprehensive suite of business applications including Sales, CRM, project management, warehouse management, manufacturing, accounting and human resources. Odoo is the most installed business software in the world. Odoo is used by 2,000,000 users worldwide ranging from very small companies (1 user) to very large ones (300 000 users).
Odoo has been designed for the Cloud from the start, which means there is no need for expensive hardware and consulting. All that is required is a desktop, laptop, tablet or even a smartphone with an Internet connection. Odoo provides intuitive, simple-to-use, drill down dashboards to give you a quick, and real-time snap-shot of your business. It also allows you to customise the user interface and manage your organisations processes with a few clicks.
Why you should integrate e-Commerce and ERP?
E-Commerce platforms like Magento provides a powerful platform for setting up an online retail web store backed by world class built-in components and extensions for compelling customer experience in transacting on web stores. However, the operational business processes related to supplier management, sales management and inventory management are left as an integration requirement for individual retail stores. Below are some of the key benefits of e-Commerce and ERP integration:
- Leveraging existing customer, product, inventory, sales and shipping data from your ERP system will be critical to reducing redundant manual entry and will help you increase throughput while reducing errors.
- An integrated e-Commerce system will streamline inventory synchronization track updates and provide an accurate picture of inventory available to shoppers and process transactions without having to hire additional staff to manage these tasks.
- An integrated e-Commerce & ERP system can automatically notify customers when orders have been shipped and allow them to track the delivery of products.
- Price and product changes to inventory such as quantity or promotional discounts are simplified.
- Manages multiple online and offline sales channels to maximize revenue and profit. View your transactions [BS1] with a customer on online and off-line channels to improve marketing & targeting and increasing revenue per customer.
- Improves overall operation even as business scales.
- Meets tax requirements with automated tax compliance and eliminate exposure
- ERP integration allows for cheaper shipping options, with ability to choose the shipper and logistics providers.