Director Business Development
About the job:
The candidate will be responsible for overseeing all Business Development, Sales and some Marketing activities. Strategic planning is a key part of this role since it is the responsibility of this person to develop the pipeline of new business coming into the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors.
The ideal candidate will have relevant market experience and a deep understanding of software development including the ability to convey technical expertise. Sigma is a fast growing, fast-paced, cutting edge, and business-oriented organization with an energetic atmosphere.
Role: Role will be of Enterprise Software Sales
Location: Irvine, CA
Job Type: Full-time, Commission
Salary: $65,000.00 to $180,000.00 /year
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work with team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Present new products/services to enhance existing relationships.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Establish and manage the organizations’ forecast process.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
- Align Business Development, Sales and Marketing activities to support the company’s strategic goals.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.