About the job:
We are looking for an experienced PHP Developer. Must be able to work quickly and efficiently with minimal supervision.
Role: Your role will be of Software Engineer / Senior Software Engineer and you will be reporting to the Hiring Manager.
Location: Bangalore / Ahmedabad
Reporting To: Hiring Manager
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Review existing code for code standards compliance
- Create an algorithm to business scenarios
- Responsible for timely delivery, analyze and develop new features for existing applications
- Unit testing of programs/codes written before sending it for review to the supervisor or QA
- Good Problem-solving skill, self-motivated and should have the capacity to work under pressure
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, the ability to accurately analyze information and make sound decisions.
Primary Skills :
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks (Laravel/ Codeignitor / Zend / CakePHP etc)
- Strong knowledge and exp of WordPress.
- Understanding the fully synchronous behavior of PHP.
- Knowledge of SOAP/XML/REST
- Familiarity with My SQL databases and their declarative query languages.
- Knowledge of object-oriented PHP programming.
- Familiarity with the limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and be customer focused to understand and appropriately respond to customers’ business needs.
- Performance Optimizations of application
- MySQL / Oracle / PostgreSQL – 1 to 2 years
Accountability: Adherence to the expected roles and responsibilities w.r.t ISMS and QMS standards
We believe that no single person can do everything on his own, and hence you will be supported by the top management in whatever aspects the support is required for if you display the sense of taking ownership. From a technology perspective, we have experienced Architects who can step in to help you finalize and propose architecture and framework aspects of the project. We provide guidance on processes, if required, as we have a full-fledged process department. Any soft-skills training that you may need can also be imparted by our internal Learning and Development division. Finally, we have experienced HR who can help you on people management front.
Future roadmap for this role:
We would like to plan that out with you when we reach that stage during our discussions.
Educational Qualifications, Certifications & Experience :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Ideal Experience Range: Ideally, you should have spent between 2+years in IT industry to have the first-hand experience of above-mentioned responsibilities, however, Sigma is open to considering bright persons with lesser experience
Sigma believes in and promotes non-discriminatory hiring. We never hire based on religion, sex, origin, race, physical ability and age.