About the job:
The job requires to develop web applications in ROR framework with ability to use required gems/plugins, develop solutions for various components and recommend changes for various customers, responsible to participate and provide solutions in technology discussions in Pre-sales and/or during execution. It requires accommodating working during customer’s time zone by providing some overlap. Travel, short term as well as long term to customer location may be necessary depending upon the business requirement, and need of the project.
Role: Your role will be of Lead Software Engineer and you will be reporting to Technical Manager.
Reporting To: Technical Manager
- Team Management
- Nurture team members and be an enabler in their grooming both from technology as well as leadership perspective.
- Tracks the effort, productivity, and efficiency of the team.
- Interface with the clients to understand and document their needs.
- Will be required to participate in the client discussions and demos as discussed with the TM.
Others: Travel to client location, both in India as well as overseas, for understanding client requirements, technical presentations, and pre-sales activities
- Min 7+ yrs. experience in developing Web applications in ROR framework with ability to use required gems/plugins
- You must have worked on database PL/SQL programming with any leading RDBMS (Oracle, SqlServer, Mysql, Postgres, etc).
- You should be able to write Unit test cases using Rspec or equivalent tool/plugin
- You should have hands-on experience of deploying Rails applications into on-premise or cloud platforms like Heroku, AWS, etc.
- You should have hands-on experience working on any of these AngularJS/React.
- You must possess skills in Neutral English (without Mother tongue Influence)
- Any exposure to gems like devise, cancan, websockets and coffeescript may be more preferred.
- Awareness of SOLR/Elastic Search is a plus
- Exposure to any NoSQL Like Mongo DB will be preferred.
- Strong hands-on Linux shell programming experience will be a good plus.
- Awareness on Application profiling and optimization will be considered a plus
Accountability: Adherence to the expected roles and responsibilities w.r.t ISMS and QMS standards
We believe that no single person can do everything on his own, and hence you will be supported by the top management in whatever aspects the support is required for, if you display the sense of taking ownership. From technology perspective, we have experienced Architects who can step in to help you finalize and propose architecture and framework aspects of the project. We provide guidance on processes, if required, as we have a full-fledged process department. Any soft-skills training that you may need can also be imparted by our internal Learning and Development division. Finally, we have experienced HR who can help you on people management front.
Future roadmap for this role: We would like to plan that out with you when we reach that stage during our discussions.
Educational Qualifications ,Certifications & Experience :
- You should be at least a graduate in any of the streams such as Computer Science,Information technology
- Ideal Experience Range: Ideally, you should have spent between 7+years in IT industry to have first-hand experience of above mentioned responsibilities, however, Sigma is open to consider bright persons with lesser experience
Sigma believes in, and promotes non-discriminatory hiring. We never hire based on religion, sex, origin, race, physical ability and age.