Magento 2.4.4 is finally available! Great news for all Magento merchants out there!
On April 12, 2022, Adobe officially released the newest Magento 2.4.4 version.
Get ready to modernize your store by upgrading to the newest Magento version released by Adobe. With this latest release, merchants can stay competitive with the hottest embedded technologies, coupled with robust features designed to enhance the shopping experience and store management for admins.
Magento 2.4.4 is based on the latest version of PHP (8.1) and offers significant performance improvements, rich B2B and B2C features, and improved headless support. In short, it’s a solution tailored to your business needs.
According to the official release notes for Adobe Commerce 2.4.4, the latest version contains about 250 bug fixes and quality improvements. This release also fixes the RCE vulnerabilities fixed by patches MDVA-43395 and MDVA-43443.
Key Highlights of #Magento 2.4.4
✅Fixed 250+ known issues
✅6x order processing performance
✅Secure HTTPs by default
✅PHPUnit upgraded to latest v9.5.x
✅PWA Studio 12.3.0
— Sigma Infosolutions (@sigmainfo) May 18, 2022
Let’s take a look at the new features in the latest Magento 2.4.4 release.
Magento 2.4.4 includes backwards compatible changes and bug fixes for B2B companies. The Adobe Commerce 2.4.4 Release Notes highlight all the improvements and enhancements in the latest version of Magento. This is a short excerpt of the same thing.
This time, Adobe has put a lot of effort on the security part of Magento. The Magento 2.4.4 version has been released with some important security improvements, including:
- Session IDs are no longer stored in the Magento database
- Encryption of OAuth access tokens and password reset tokens in the database
- The use of email variables has been removed in the latest version of Adobe Commerce 2.4.4
- The integrated token used for API bearer token authentication is disabled by default for security reasons
- Google reCAPTCHA support for Magento coupon codes
- By default, storefront and admin secure URLs (HTTPS)
- Sets an array size limit that is accepted by AdobeCommerceRESTful endpoints
- Strong validation prevents uploading of non-alphanumeric file extensions
- Swagger is disabled by default when working in Adobe Commerce production mode
- Built-in cookies are now protected as well
- The Dependency Confusion plugin is now required for all Adobe Commerce installations
- Limits the size and number of API resources that users can request through WebAPI
Adobe has updated the latest Magento version and improved several platforms for Magento developers. The major platform improvements in the latest version are:
- All project libraries and dependencies are now compatible with PHP 8.1
- Elasticsearch 7.16 and OpenSearch 1.2 are supported with Magento 2.4.4
- Updated the JQuery library version to 3.6 and the Jquery-ui library to 1.13.0
- The latest version of Magento supports TinyMCE 5.8.1 and has removed TinyMCE4 from the codebase
- The RequireJS library has been updated to v2.3.6.
- PHPUnit has been updated to the latest version 9.5.x
- Laminas dependencies have been updated to be compatible with PHP 8.1
- Three Laminas dependencies have been removed to reduce the number of dependencies
Magento version 2.4.4 has been completely improved to achieve optimal performance by increasing the throughput of job processing and message queue optimization. According to the release notes, the latest version is 6 times more efficient in order processing.
- The AsyncOrder function was introduced to improve performance
- Use the Enable Inventory Checks on Cart Load configuration option to skip inventory checks and speed up checkouts
- The memory limit for shopping cart operations now supports volume input variables
- Magento 2.4.4 supports deferring total calculations during checkout to improve the handling of sales rules
- The multiple_processes configuration option supports multiple consumers running processes in parallel. This speeds up task execution
- PWA Studio v.12.3.0 is compatible with Adobe Commerce 2.4.4 version
This Magento version includes the following GraphQL improvements:
- GraphQL in Magento 2.4.4 now fully covers negotiable quotes
- GraphQL cart operation performance has been improved by faster response time
- GraphQL’s Webonyx library has been updated to version ^ 14.9
- Fixed an issue with GraphQL’s multi-site store and multi-lingual store translations
- Added storefront related management configuration settings
- GraphQL’s new Relic with meaningful transaction names makes debugging easier
Vendor-Bundled Extensions (VBEs)
- Removed all VendorBundled extensions except Braintree
- Merchants can move on to the following official extensions available below:
- Amazon Pay
PayPal Payment enhancements
The latest version of Magento 2.4.4 has many improvements to PayPal payments, listed below.
- Venmo Payment option support added
- Option to Pay Later works now based on shopper’s location
- Ability for merchants to set the shopper’s country and test the shopping experience while testing with sandbox
- The checkout page will display accurate information about the number and amount of installments while using the Pay Later option
The latest version of Adobe Commerce 2.4.4 includes several accessibility updates that improve the experience for visually or cognitively impaired users. Here are some of the highlights of accessibility improvements:
- Adobe has improved the performance of Magento 2.4.4 screen reader tools
- The admin button has a clear, accessible, and descriptive purpose
- Image icons convey a better purpose and serve as a text alternative
- Increased contrast of admin buttons to improve visibility
Major issues fixed in Magento 2.4.4 release
Adobe has fixed hundreds of known issues with Magento version 2.4.4. Below are some of the major bugs and issues that have been fixed in the latest Magento version.
- Navigation accessibility errors on Magento cart and checkout pages have been fixed
- Data patches cannot insert duplicate values
into MySQL tables
- Add to cart issues for bundle products with fixed price and two options have been fixed
- If the new quantity is invalid, the shopping cart quantity will be reset to the old value
- Fixed various issues with loading customer data in JS
- Use the Tab key to access the rich text editor
- Exception error resolved while performing mass update attribute action product grid
- An option to add more informative content that customers will see when entering an invalid gift card
- A watermark image with a transparent background will now not have a white background
- Fixed an error that was displayed when completing a payment with an express payment method
- Fixed a product rating issue in the product list view
Magento 2.4.4 Release – Official Notes
E-commerce merchants using Magento are advised to update their applications to the latest 2.4.4 version of the platform to enjoy the benefits as well as amazing features and enhancements. Keeping the latest version up-to-date merchants are best protected from security vulnerabilities, remain PCI compliant, and have access to new features that enable and drive business growth. If you need help handling the Magento upgrade process, our team of Magento experts are always available to provide assistance….