Senior Software Engineer
About the job:
We are looking for a person who can be responsible for the activities as assigned and who has the ability to take a specifc module(s) of project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project. The job demands experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs. It requires ability to diagnose and understand complex problems with performance. Travel, short term as well as long term to customer location may be necessary depending upon the business requirement, and need of the project.
Your role will be of Senior Software Engineer and you will be reporting Team Lead
Reporting To: Team Lead
- Responsible for designing and implementing the one or more assigned modules
- Responsible for the timeliness and quality of the components assigned.
- Writing unit test cases, executing it and ensuring quality of code.
- Technically leading and guiding team of 1-5 developers.
- Performing code reviews of team members.
- Appropriate escalations to the Lead, project manager on project areas assigned.
- Acquiring end-to-end process awareness for software development and implementing relevant processes.
- Other business activities as defined by the Department Head / Project Manager.
- Send the status update of your modules and team to Lead or project manager.
- Team Building:
- Work with team members and help them to grow.
- Work with cross team members such as QA, BA, UI team.
- Customer Management:
- Understand the client’s requirements and expectation of assigned modules and deliver it on time with high quality.
- Requires direct interaction with client for business requirements, demo and production or UAT issues.
- Travel to client location, both in India as well as overseas, for understanding client requirements.
- Experience developing mobile/web user interfaces, component and widgets
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a larger team
- Knowledge at multiple code levels and the overall application design.
- Experience in various build tools like NPM / WebPack.
- Integrating REST Services to front end. Experience with Node.Js or .ASP.NET Web API would be plus.
- Experience in using SCRUM/AGILE methodology.
- Self-starter and ability to work with moderate supervision
- Knowledge of Mongo / Any No SQL and SQL databases
- Experience of using GIT
We believe that no single person can do everything on his own, and hence you will be supported by the top management in whatever aspects the support is required for, if you display the sense of taking ownership. From technology perspective, we have experienced Architects who can step in to help you finalize and propose architecture and framework aspects of the project. We provide guidance on processes, if required, as we have a full-fledged process department. Any soft-skills training that you may need can also be imparted by our internal Learning and Development division. Finally, we have experienced HR who can help you on people management front.
Future road map for this role:
We would like to plan that out with you when we reach that stage during our discussions.
Educational Qualifications ,Certifications & Experience :
- You should be at least a graduate in any of the streams such as Computer Science,Information technology
- Ideal Experience Range: Ideally, you should have spent between to 5years to 6 years in IT industry to have first-hand experience of above mentioned responsibilities, however, Sigma is open to consider bright persons with lesser experience.